Jennifer Koiles Pratt
- Divorce Mediation
- Child Support
- Restraining Orders
Jennifer Koiles Pratt is an experienced, dedicated, and highly respected family law attorney serving clients throughout Eastern Massachusetts. Over the past 20 years, Jennifer has successfully handled more than 1000 family law matters and has proudly been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" in the practice of Family Law, a Super Lawyer "Top 50 Women Attorney", and "Top 100 Attorney" in Massachusetts.
Jennifer has been accepted as a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML). This prestigious membership is recognized by judges and attorneys as preeminent family law practitioners with a high level of knowledge, skill, and integrity. Jennifer founded her firm on the cornerstone of honesty and responsiveness, ensuring all client calls are returned within 24 hours. Her clients, co-workers, and business associates describe her as "caring and compassionate" yet "unfazed by challenges" and "well centered and extremely focused." If Jennifer accepts your case, you can be assured that she will use her extensive knowledge, experience, and negotiation skills to work hard for you. If she is not the right lawyer for your case, she will be forthright and honest.
In addition to running a successful law practice with an impressive track record, Jennifer is a devoted wife, mother of two, a skier, runner, and outdoor enthusiast.
How Jennifer Serves You
In her firm, Jennifer is committed to helping clients through the turmoil of family legal matters including divorce by clearly explaining and preparing them on how the legal system operates. She will pursue every legal advantage possible, while remaining focused and keeping her clients informed.
Jennifer's demonstrated successes, extensive background, and her years of courtroom experience as a prosecutor have prepared her to represent you, protecting your interests, assets, and relationships. She has a reputation of solving even the most challenging and complex matters with integrity and steadfast results. Her prosecutorial experience has taught her to think on her feet with a masterful command of the rules of evidence and procedure, as well as properly trained her to deal with a wide array of individuals (including defendants, experts, and hostile witnesses). She is well known and respected by judges and other attorneys all over the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Jennifer Koiles Pratt has acted as the lead attorney in more than 1,000 family law matters, including, but not limited to, cases involving divorce, alimony, paternity, child support, child custody and visitation issues, guardianships, and grandparent visitation.
During her career, she has frequently appeared in many probate and family law courts, including but not limited to those courts located in the following Massachusetts counties: Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Worcester, Bristol and in Superior and District Courts.
Prior to opening her own family law firm, Jennifer served as a prosecutor in the Middlesex District Attorney's Office and the Norfolk District Attorney's Office for approximately 10 years.
Publications and Press
Jennifer Koiles Pratt has been pursued for her legal commentary, analysis, and quotes by several press outlets, including The Boston Globe, The Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, the Daily Evening News, the Lynn Item, and the Lawrence-Eagle Tribune.
- Massachusetts, 1996
- California, 1995
- Montana, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1995
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Essex County Estate Planning Council
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington
- J.D. - 1995
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1991
- Major: Economics
Speaking Engagements / Honors
- Speaker and Participant, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- June 2022 Family Law Fundamentals for Non-Family Law Attorneys – Boston Bar Association
- January 2018 The Impact of Tax Reform on Family Law – Greater Newburyport Bar Association
- Top 50: 2016 - 2022 Women Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 - 2022 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- "Super Lawyers" 2014-2022 in the practice of Family Law
- “Best Lawyers” 2020 - 2022
- "Rising Stars” 2007-2008 in the Super Lawyer category (a recognition extended to only 5% of Massachusetts attorneys under age 40)
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly "Up and Coming" lawyers in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Classes / Seminars
Speaker and Participant, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
Ready to protect your interests, assets and relationships.
Please contact us to discuss your family legal matters by calling 978-744-7774 or using the form below.
Fields marked with an * are required