Mediation is another way to settle family law matters through collaboration and cooperation. In mediation, an unbiased third party, the mediator, helps you and your spouse find mutually beneficial ways to settle your divorce or other family law matters.
If you are interested in resolving your differences without the financial costs and the emotional stress of a trial, mediation may be the answer. At Koiles Pratt Family Law Group, we are skilled and trained in mediation and assist many clients in finding ways to settle family legal matters amicably.
Benefits of Mediation:
There are many benefits to mediation including:
- Reduced cost: The cost is often less than half the cost of taking a family law matter to court.
- More control over the outcome: You get to participate in formulating the solutions, rather than leaving them to the discretion of a judge.
- Less delay: Mediation generally takes less time, as you no longer have to find available time on the court’s docket.
- Less stress: Mediated settlements are formed cooperatively, so you avoid the stress and anxiety common in an adversarial environment
Mediation for Family Law Matters
Mediation can be an effective approach to resolving all disputes related to or arising out of divorce, including:
- Child custody and parenting plans: We will help you work out custody and parenting plans that are in the best interests of you and your minor children.
- Child support: We will help you come to an agreement on child support obligations, including issues related to day care or health insurance.
- Alimony or spousal support: We will help you come to an accord on whether alimony is warranted and, if so, how much should be paid for how long.
- Marital property settlements: We will help you equitably divide the debts and assets of your marriage.
Call us at 978-744-7774 or contact us online so we can discuss mediation as an effective approach to resolving your family legal matter.
Ready to protect your interests, assets and relationships.
Please contact us to discuss your family legal matters by calling 978-744-7774 or using the form below.
Fields marked with an * are required