A divorce agreement or judge’s findings will include orders concerning child support, child custody, visitation, spousal support and property division. These orders are not necessarily final. Modifications is the legal process to modify a family law order due to a significant change in circumstances.

At Koiles Pratt Family Law Group, we regularly go to court on behalf of clients who want to modify orders from a divorce. Commonly, the orders to be modified are:

Our firm represents people who want to prevent modifications or obtain modifications due to changes in circumstances.

Child Support Modifications

Common reasons for seeking a modification of a child support order include a significant change in the income of one of the parents and a change in a child’s educational or health care needs.

Our firm also has experience in cases involving parents who are self-employed or who attempt to hide income to avoid payment of child support. When there is a support order and the other parent is not abiding by it, our firm can seek to enforce the order through a contempt petition.

Modification to Child Custody And Visitation Orders

Our attorneys often represent clients who wish to change child custody and visitation orders. In some cases, we can negotiate workable solutions that accommodate the needs of both parents. If necessary, we will go to court to protect your rights.

Do you need to change an existing order?

To discuss modifying a family law order, please call us at 978-744-7774 or contact our firm.

Ready to protect your interests, assets and relationships.

Please contact us to discuss your family legal matters by calling 978-744-7774 or using the form below.

Fields marked with an * are required

    Salem Law Office

    70 Washington Street, Suite 210
    Salem, MA 01970