Alimony Modifications In Massachusetts

At Koiles Pratt Family Law Group, we have assisted both alimony payers and recipients of alimony payments to change or modify original alimony judgments. Our proven track record in alimony modifications is one reason why so many of our former clients and outside professionals refer countless cases to our office every year.

If you are seeking a modification to alimony, our lawyers can work with you one-on-one to evaluate your options and possible outcomes.

Two Things To Know About Requesting A Spousal Support Modification

1. Circumstances Where Alimony Judgments Can Be Modified

You may request a modification to alimony amounts, payment schedules, or a termination of the order in its entirety under the following circumstances:

  • There has been a change in either party’s income.
  • Alimony recipient lives with a partner or has since remarried.
  • Your alimony payments have reached the durational limits under the statute.
  • Other material changes warrant a modification.

2. How To Request A Change To Spousal Support

If you and your spouse agree that a judgment or order should be adjusted, you may file a joint petition with the court. If you and your spouse disagree, you must file a complaint for modification of alimony. If you wish to adjust the alimony amounts, you are also required to file a financial statement. If you wish to avoid litigation, changes to alimony may also be settled through mediation.

Proven Track Record to Protect Your Rights and Interests

At Koiles Pratt Family Law Group, we offer our clients the experience necessary to defend your rights and protect your interests in and out of the courtroom. We are both renowned mediators throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and successful litigators. However you wish to proceed with alimony modifications, we can guide you and assist you throughout the process with a goal of achieving the best possible outcome.

Please contact us or call us at 978-744-7774 to start the process and discuss your spousal support changes. We represent clients throughout the Greater Boston area in Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, and Suffolk counties.

Ready to protect your interests, assets and relationships.

Please contact us to discuss your family legal matters by calling 978-744-7774 or using the form below.

Fields marked with an * are required

    Salem Law Office

    70 Washington Street, Suite 210
    Salem, MA 01970